Whitehead Performance has an extensive range of Infiniti Datsun Nissan performance upgrades for every area of your vehicle and we can supply any Infiniti Datsun Nissan performance parts required for all listed services. With our years of experience, we can choose and install the right performance parts to achieve the superior results you expect.
Visit our E-Store for an extensive range of Nissan Datsun Infiniti performance parts or read on for various performance services we offer.
Datsun 240Z 260Z 280Z 280ZX
The early Datsun Z car performance starts with exhaust work. The Datsun 240Z performance suffers the most with an incredibly small exhaust system although all Datsun Z cars have undersized exhaust from the factory. A 2.25″ or 2.5″ exhaust system will wake up a stock Z. 15 horsepower can be found with the exhaust system alone.
The best exhaust is a Fujitsubo Legalis S30 Twin Pipe Exhaust System. Polished stainless steel, excellent flow, and an amazing sound makes this the best bolt-on exhaust system for a Datsun 240Z 260Z 280Z. We offer our own WHP S.S. Adapter Downpipe for Stock Manifold and WHP S.S. Adapter Downpipe for WHP 6-2 Header to make bolting up the Fujitsubo exhaust easy.
We also custom build an excellent Datsun 240Z or 280Z exhaust system that sounds amazing and makes great horsepower gains too.
More Datsun 240Z 260Z 280Z 280ZX performance upgrades include: performance air filters/intake, triple side draft carbs, performance camshaft, ignition upgrades, aluminum radiator and electric fan, performance clutch and lightweight flywheel, R200 diff, LSD and axle upgrades, 5 speed transmission conversions.
Taking it to the next level on an L-series engine involves 3.0L and 3.2L stroker engines and cylinder head porting. 300+ horsepower is possible from a street driven L28 based engine.
Want something more modern and powerful? Then one of our popular SR20DET, L28ET, RB25DET, RB26DETT engine swaps or even an LS V8 conversion will take a Datsun 240Z 280Z 280X beyond the 400hp level.
Nissan 300ZX Z31 1984-1989
Z31 300ZX NA performance gains are mainly found with cat-back exhaust system, air intake, gutted intake manifold, lightweight flywheel, electric fan, exhaust headers. Expect a 15-30 horsepower gain depending on number of parts installed. Further horsepower gains are found with VG33 short block, ported heads, and performance cams for another 30-40 horsepower.
The Z31 300ZX Turbo performance starts with an intake and cat-back exhaust and an Electronic Boost Controller. 40 horsepower is easily gained at this stage. To go further, an intercooler is an absolute must as these engines are sensitive to engine knock above 9-10 psi non intercooled. Another 25 horsepower with an intercooler and rising rate fuel pressure regulator is possible. Beyond this, turbo upgrade and fuel system upgrades are necessary.
Nissan 300ZX Z32
Z32 300ZX NA performance gains are found with cat-back exhaust system, exhaust headers, air intake system, lightweight pullies, lightweight flywheel. A 30-40 horsepower gain is possible with ECU tuning on a VG30DE engine. Beyond this, cams and porting will produce more power but a 300ZX NA to TT VG30DETT engine swap may be a better route in the long run.
Z32 300ZXTT performance gains start with cat-back exhaust system, gutted pre-cats, air intake system and an electronic boost controller. 75 horsepower is a typical increase with these mods. ECU tuning, high flow cats, lightweight pullies and flywheel can push the horsepower beyond 400hp (100+hp gain) on the stock turbos of the VG30DETT. Beyond this point, upgraded turbos, intercoolers, and fuel system are needed for the big power numbers.
Nissan 350Z Infiniti G35
Basic G35 350Z performance upgrades start with an cold air intake system, plenum spacer and a cat-back exhaust system. This frees up 20-30 horsepower depending on performance parts used. Further Infiniti G35 Nissan 350Z performance gains are found with exhaust headers, high flow cat pipes, performance intake manifold, lightweight flywheel, and lightweight pullies. Anywhere from 10-40 more horsepower can be gained with these parts installed. An ECU tune will also produce gains at this point.
For really big power gains, a G35 350Z supercharger or turbo kit is the only way to go. 400+hp is easily reached on an otherwise stock 350Z or G35. The stock VQ35DE engines will handle 450hp safely which all kits are capable of producing. We sell and install Vortech and GTM supercharger kits, and Treadstone, GTM, and GReddy Turbo kits.
Nissan 370Z Infiniti G37
Like the 350Z, G37 370Z performance upgrades start with a dual cold air intake system and a cat-back exhaust system. We like the G37 370Z Stillen parts both for performance and sound. A solid 35 horsepower is unleashed with these first steps. Further Infiniti G37 Nissan 370Z performance gains are found with exhaust headers, high flow cat pipes, pullies, lightweight flywheel and ecu tuning. 10-40 more horsepower can be gained with these parts installed. To produce really big horsepower numbers, a G37 370Z turbo or supercharger kit is necessary. 450+ hp is easily made with these kits and the VQ37HR engines can handle up to 600hp with stock internals.
Nissan Datsun Race Cars
We also build, service and upgrade Nissan Datsun race cars. Please contact us for more information regarding your race car needs.
Fuel and Engine Management
- Wideband air/fuel ratio tuning for carb and fuel injection Datsun Nissan cars
- Standalone EFI installation and programming ( Haltech, AEM, Megasquirt, Vipec, DTA, SDS, TEC 2/TEC 3 are our main specialties)
- Piggyback fuel and ignition ECU installation and programming (HKS, GReddy, A’PEXi, AEM) popular on Z32 300ZX and SR20DET powered cars
- Datsun 240Z 260Z 280Z triple Weber, Mikuni, Dellorto, SK/OER sidedraft carburetor rebuilding, setup, and tuning
- Hi flow fuel pumps, larger injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator install and setup
- Fuel cell installation – race car service only
- Fuel surge tank fabrication and installation – a must for engine swapped Datsun 240Z 280Z cars
- Mechanical to electric fuel pump upgrades for Datsun 240Z 260Z
- Turbo and supercharger kit installation – Nissan 350Z most popular
- Electronic and manual turbo boost valve installation, setup, and tuning with wideband O2
- Turbo and supercharger upgrades – many options for Nissan 300ZX
- Custom intercooler installations and upgrades
- Watermist and water/meth injection systems installed
- Blow Off Valve and External Waste Gate installation and setup
Intake Exhaust and Cooling Systems
- Cold Air Intake, Intake Plenum Spacers, performance intake manifold installation
- Custom exhaust systems fabricated and welded on site – Stainless, Mandrel Bends, MIG or TIG welded joints all available
- Exclusive custom made Datsun 240Z 260Z 280Z stainless steel exhaust system – incredible sounding exhaust note and reasonable volume that keeps neighbors and cops happy
- NEW! our custom made early Z car system is now available for Datsun 280ZX and Nissan 300ZX Z31 NA & Turbo and in a dual exhaust version for Nissan 300ZX Z32
- Nissan Performance Exhaust options
- Custom exhaust options available for all other vehicles as well
- Headers and bolt on exhaust systems installation
- High capacity aluminum radiator installation – a must for Datsun 240Z 260Z 280Z
- Electric rad fan conversions with auto fan controller – popular Datsun 240Z upgrade
- High performance and electric water pump installation
- Full engine rebuilding services from stock to race to high horsepower turbo applications and rare engines too (18RG, 2TG, FJ20, etc)
- Complete custom engine swaps available for Datsun 240Z 260Z 280Z 280ZX (L28ET, SR20DET, RB20DETT, RB25DETT, RB26DETT, 2JZ, VQ35, Rotary, V8, etc)
- Early Toyota engine swaps available now too! 18RG and 2TG into Celica, Corolla, 1JZ into early Supra, etc.
- Full range of cylinder head porting options from mild street to full race with amazing results and beautiful craftsmanship
- Performance and race valve grinding service
- Performance Camshaft, cam gear, and valvetrain installation and setup including cam degreeing
- Engine boring, sleeving, decking, crank straightening and balancing, lightening and balancing of rotating assemblies available
- Electronic ignition installation and setup including points conversion kits – Datsun 240Z, Toyota Celica Corolla
- MSD and other multiple spark ignition box upgrades
- Distributor upgrades and distributorless ignition installation
- Alternator and starter upgrades
- Full manual transmission rebuilding done on site
- 5 speed transmission upgrades – Datsun 240Z 260Z 280Z
- auto to manual transmission conversions – any year Z car
- Performance clutch and light flywheel installations – let us help you select the right clutch for your application
- Custom driveshaft fabrication
- CV axle shaft conversions
- Differenial upgrades – R180 to R200, R200 to R200V or R230V, etc
- Full differential rebuilding service including setting pinion depth and gear contact pattern
- Quaife and clutch type limited slip unit installations – we are a Canadian Quaife dealer, call us first for competitive pricing!
Suspension and Steering
- Custom alignments for street cars and race cars
- Correctly aligning vehicles with non adjustable suspension that have out of spec alignment settings due to bent components or chassis
- Corner balancing and scaling of street cars and race cars with coil over suspension
- Performance springs, struts, shocks,and swaybars installation
- Coilovers installation and setup
- Bushing kits or individual urethane bushings installed
- Custom fabrication of suspension bushings
- Modification of suspension arms to install heim ends and spherical joints
- Installation of weld-in or bolt-in camber/caster plates
- Electric and hydraulically assisted power steering conversions
- Wheel and tire upgrades – Panasport, Rota RB, Konig Rewind, etc
- Performance brake pad and rotor installation
- Stainless Steel brake line installation
- Brake hydraulic system flush with racing and high temp brake fluid
- Big brake kit and larger brake master cylinder installation including rear disc brake kits that retain parking brake operation
- Adjustable proportioning valve installation and brake bias setup
- Racing brake kits and racing pedals/ master cylinders installation and setup
Chassis and Body
- Custom fabrication of strut tower bars
- Custom fabrication of roll bars for proper and safe shoulder harness belt installation
- Roll cage fabrication and installation for street cars and race cars
- Frame reinforcement fabrication
- Custom fabrication of functional front splitters and rear wings for improved high speed stability and downforce
- Installation of bolt on front and rear spoilers on early Z cars – greatly reduces wander at speed
- Vinyl graphics production and installation
- Lexan window fabrication and installation
Interior and Electrical
- Upgraded headlights and HID kit installation
- Headlight, turn signal and marker light relay kits installation
- Fusebox and Painless wiring kit installation
- Aftermarket A/C installations
- Interior blower fan upgrade for early Z cars
- Racing and Sport bucket seats custom fitment and installation
- Steering wheel, shift knob, and shifter upgrades
- Performance gauges installation including full Autometer gauges for early Z cars